VISA Applications

VISA Applications for International Delegates:

Any countries listed on CIC website link would require a VISA to enter Canada and attend a conference.

a. Countries requiring VISA:

b. How to apply for VISA:

c. Video showing how to apply for “Temporary Resident Visa” —

d. Processing Times —

 Should you require a letter of invitation for your VISA application, please write to the Meeting Secretariat at with the following details: 

[Your reference number as stated on the registration invoice]

[your full name as per passport]

[institution name]

[institution full address]

[passport number] 

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA):

Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed. Don’t wait until the last minute – apply NOW for an eTA.

a. Find out if you need an eTA:

b. What you need to know video:

c. Learn about eTAs in your own language:

d. Apply on-line for your eTA:

 Reminder: You do not need an eTA if you are a Canadian Citizen or Canadian permanent resident or if you are a US citizen. U.S. citizens are exempt from the eTA requirement and must carry proper identification such as a valid U.S. passport.